Thursday, November 18, 2010

New Lathe

Finally got my own Lathe, and it was well worth the wait. I ended up finding this gem off Craigslist, go figure. It originally came from New Hampshire out of a machine shop owned by George Bier. I found it in MA owned by a collector and steam engine hobbyist. Removing the machine from its resting place in his garage was quite an affair and took my brother, the seller and myself five hours and a lot of carefully planned moves to finally secure it on the trailer. No lie, this guys driveway had at least a 30 degree slope and the machine weight is just under four thousand pounds. Anyways, we got it home safe and its wired up. All there is to get now is a tool post and I'm ready to make the new hubs for my current project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment