Sunday, January 8, 2012

Motor mount fixture

It might not look like it but there is about 8hrs + in this piece and it's not because I don't know what I'm doing, or that I'm working slow. The amount of measuring, checking, measuring, machining, measuring, grinding, measuring, etc. was to put it lightly, extreme. Unlike the axle mounting fixture where all I really needed was the centerline, the CL of the motor on a big twin is NOT on the CL of the frame. To make matters more difficult the factory blueprint I'm using does not note the offset so with Joe's help we were able to figure that distance off another frame we have. Once we had that measurement and figured the distance from the CL of the frame tube things went right together. If you look closely at the photos you can see the offset from the top plate which locates the motor mounts and the bottom plate that locates the center of the frame. The trans. mount is next, then swingarm pivot and the neck fixture with the small bits being filled in as I go.








What I Have so far

No comments:

Post a Comment