Monday, December 12, 2011

Tunnel rolling tool

With the OD set it's time to bore the bearing pocket

Press in bearing


Flip, repeat process and cut in half
Weld end cap in tube

With everything machined the tool gets assembled for the first time
In it's final position; added some bearings to the handles as a finishing touch.
First test piece in stainless, works as expected
Needless to say I forgot to take pictures at some crucial points in the making of this tool but my concentration on the task got the better of me and I forgot. It's a pretty simple concept though so I'm sure you guys can figure it out. So far on some small test pieces it works great. I have to do a tank for Gary so when I roll the tunnel ill be sure to document and post.

Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.1

No comments:

Post a Comment